Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos was named the world’s richest man in 2018–which means that his divorce from his wife of 25 years this year could get messy. But at least he’s not alone. Here are 11 stars who’ve had ridiculously expensive divorces, courtesy of People:
1. Michael and Juanita Jordan. The basketball superstar split from his wife of 17 years, Juanita, in 2006. It wasn’t the first time the two had considered ending their marriage: Juanita filed for divorce in 2002. She ended up receiving one of the biggest payouts in history, $168 million.
2. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills. While not as pricey as the Jordan divorce, the former Beatle’s split from now ex-wife Mills is still one of the most expensive celebrity divorces ever: McCartney forked over nearly $50 million, and later called his marriage to Mills his biggest regret of the decade.
3. Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. Heard filed for divorce from Depp in 2016 after 15 months of marriage. She was later awarded $7 million in the divorce settlement, which she donated to charity. But the process wasn’t that clean-cut: the pair’s court battles turned ugly, with Heard accusing Depp of domestic abuse and him doing the same of her.
4. Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving. Spielberg’s first marriage, to actress Irving, lasted just four years, but produced one of the largest settlements in Hollywood, reported at being as much as $100 million.
5. Mel Gibson and Robyn Moore. One of the largest Hollywood divorce payouts ever was between Gibson and Moore, who finalized their divorce after nearly 30 years of marriage in 2011 and split half of his $850 million fortune, Moore’s settlement totaling $425 million.
6. Madonna and Guy Ritchie. Their 2008 split was an intense one, and ultimately, it was reported that Madonna paid Ritchie between $76 million to $92 million. However, the drama between the two was only beginning: most recently, they were involved in a bitter custody battle over their son, Rocco.
7. Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger. Baldwin and Basinger’s divorce drama lasted for four years, mostly due to a custody battle over their daughter, Ireland. Their split was also full of name-calling; some of the insults thrown out included “black widow” and “tin pot tyrant.” Basinger also said that she dreamt about Baldwin’s death.
8. Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards. In court documents, Richards alleged that Charlie was abusive, slept with prostitutes during their marriage and tried to prevent his daughters from receiving common vaccinations. In released emails, Sheen called Richards a “sad jobless pig.” They announced their plans to divorce just three years after they wed.
9. Donald and Ivana Trump. Trump cheated on Ivana with his eventual second wife Marla Maples. Famously, Maples confronted Ivana in Aspen and said, “I’m Marla and I love your husband. Do you?” Reportedly, Ivana said to Maples, “You b**ch, leave my husband alone.” The divorce soon followed, with an estimated settlement of $25 million.
10. Harrison Ford and Melissa Mathison. Another high-profile celebrity divorce was Ford’s split with ex-wife Mathison in 2004. The divorce came after 21 years of marriage and Mathison walked away with a large chunk of Ford’s earnings after their settlement — $85 million, according to Forbes.
11. Prince Charles and Princess Diana. Both were unfaithful throughout the marriage, and separated in 1992. There was talk of reconciliation, but after Diana’s famed Panorama interview in 1995, it seemed the marriages was destined to go south. The royals officially divorced in 1996, just one year before Diana’s death.